Victor Van Doom, also known as Doctor Doom, is the Monarch of the country of Latveria, a small country in Europe (with excellent cheese, I’m informed).
He’s the archenemy of the Fantastic Four, and, to be fair, my favourite villain of all time.
- He is intelligent. Very intelligent, even, being one of the smartest men on the planet.
This is probably one, among other, reasons to turn to villainy. Because Good is dumb, and dumb must fail. And if there’s one thing that Doom does not do, it’s fail.
- He is giving the people of Latveria a high standard of living free of crime. Meaning that he’s actually a good leader.
- He fights to save the planet, so that he can try to take control of it afterwards, but still.
- Doom has defeated actual cosmic beings. He can also lift about 2 tons while in his armor.
- He knows magic. His mother being a gypsy, he has learned quite a bit of old magic from her books. This includes taking over the body of other people for a short amount of time.